Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

On Context Help Set Up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyoldname

Automotive
Oct 11, 2005
US
Can anyone offer some advise on what is required to get the On Context Help function working? When I select Help > On Context I get an error message saying " Unable to display help information. Cannot find the HTML file."

I'm using a genuine version of NX7.5 so I would expect that I should have access to the help files, my problem is getting the company's IT department to set things up properly. Any advice on the help set up/installation would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you actually installed the Help documentation? They are NOT installed when you install the NX software. It's a separate install using a separate set of media or download.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I'm don't know exactly how the application files for our CAD installations are set up, some configuration files are pulled from a server drive but I don't know if all of the NX application is loaded like this.

I will attempt to get the IT department engaged with this issue tomorrow.

Thanks.

UGDOC is the folder that containts documentation, usually residing in UGII_BASE_DIR. For NX4 we set the following variables. Similarly you can set the variables for NX 7.5.

UGII_UGDOC
X:\UGS\NX4\UGDOC\html_files\mainlibrary.html

UGII_UGDOC_BASE_DIR
X:\UGS\NX4\UGDOC

UGII_HTML_UGDOC
X:\UGS\NX4\UGDOC\html_files\mainlibrary.html

As man2007 says, there are some Environment Variables that are set during installation. If you have your UG Documentation on a server (i.e. installed to the location \\<servername>\NX7.5\UGDOC), you can point to it in the same fashion:

UGII_UGDOC_BASE_DIR = \\<servername>\NX7_5\UGDOC
UGII_HTML_UGDOC=%UGII_UGDOC_BASE_DIR%\html_files\mainlibrary.html
UGII_CSHELP_DOCS=%UGII_UGDOC_BASE_DIR%\html_files
UGII_CSHELP_HTML_DOCS=%UGII_UGDOC_BASE_DIR%\html_files

((I think the CSHELP variables are for customers using CAST (Computer Aided Self Teach) Training tool?))

Using NX7.5 and Teamcenter 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back