Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ON MACHINE PROBING POSTPRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

jevdesign

Mechanical
Jan 24, 2008
AR
Hi everyone, I have a RENISHAW inspection, and I´d like to do on machine probing with it. I could program the cycles in CAM session, but the default postprocessor for fanuc "probing_cycles_fanuc.pui" doesn´t work.
Has anyone a postpro for RENISHAW probing cycles to take as example.

Thanks anyway,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to check out the application software that Renishaw has to do what you are wanting to do. If you are wanting to do reverse engineering, that is a different animal all together and requires a different approach.

Good Luck

Larry

I think in the past that it has been done by adapting a drilling cycle code from machining to suit the CMM machine. Noting that it is a Renishaw head is important but these can be attached to a wide range of machines and it is the machine probing movements that are specific to how you output code.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

I have never heard about adapting drilling cycle code which makes no sense at all. Each of the apps that I am talking about have a range of post processors that support different controllers whether it be Funuc or Fidia or whatever. Most of them have a 30 day demo that you can order at no charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back