Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Onlease Pipeline Registration in Alberta

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdp6632

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2009
CA
Hello,
I have some U/G pipelines 24" and 16" in diameter and about 4-5 Km long which are on lease. I looked up in AER (Alberta Energy Regulator) and I think the registration for those is not required with AER as those are on lease. My question is about ABSA registration. Do those need ABSA registration? In my opinion as the code of construction was CSA Z662, so those should not need ABSA registration. However the A/G section of those pipelines, which are built as per ASME B31.3 (and technically piping) would require to be registered with ABSA.

Can someone suggest if the understanding is correct. I looked at PESR (Pressure equipment safety regulation) and could not find a specific clause which would exempt the U/G on lease so I thought it better to check.

A quick response would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pdp6632,
Did you look at AER Directive 077 Part B that give the jurisdictional relationship. You should find your answer.

Ganga D. Deka, P. Eng
Canada

Thanks GD2, yes, I did not check Directive 77 part B. I just looked at part A of it and as the AER does not require this to be registered as being on lease so I did not bother looking in Part B.

I will look into it now. Thanks for your response though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back