Online GC Analysis 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipak2

Chemical
Dec 27, 2005
IN
Hi every body...

I want to know any Online (in pipeline itself ) Analyis method available to measure unreacted NB ppm measurment in Crude Aniline in Aniline Produciton Unit.

Like Online Gas Chromatography etc.

Pl. be enlighten.

Thanks!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ABB, Emerson, and others offer online (Process) Gas CHromatographs. Pretty much every GC application is handled by factory engineers. they have to select the sampling system, column type and packing material, carrier gas, and the detector type among other configuration options.

Find your local Process GC sales office and have a detailed conversation with them. The better you describe your needs, the better they will be able to address them.

I too am only familiar with GC's of they type JimCasey mentioned. These do not sit "in pipeline itself", but off to the side (often in a building/shed), complete with sampling system, gas bottles, power, HVAC/fan/heater, etc.

I am not aware of an "in the pipe" GC.

For measurement in gas phase or in solution, there are a number of on-line analytical systems such as React-IR by Mettler-Toledo, or ATR-UV-Vis on-line spectroscopy etc. which can measure concetration of reactants, products, byproducts, etc continuously in real time. They use a diamond-tipped probe or similar devices. It's relatively expensive technology, but extremely powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back