Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

only one viewport plots

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychomuffin

Civil/Environmental
Jul 8, 2008
I have multiple viewports on my page (plot plan, demo plan, floor plan, etc) as well as text on the page layout itself.

When I plot, only one viewport plots (ie, plot plan), and everything else is gone. If I delete that viewport, the next to last one I generated is the only one to plot (ie demo). I Delete that, and only the floor plan plots. Once I delete all the viewports, the text and title block on the layout plots.

Only this file (so far) does this. Other files work fine. It is not a driver issue, or a OS issue. I'm using AutoCAD 2007 LT, but that does not seem to be an issue either. Defpoints layer or frozen layers aren't the issue. This happens on multiple computers, and multiple OS's. Somehow, only one object/entity (ie the viewports or text) are getting through to plot. I've ran out of varibles to isolte the problem and don't know what else to check.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if other drawings plot fine, then probably not a driver issue

I would start with a "good" drawing that plots ok.

then copy each viewport, one at a time,

paste into "good" drawing, one at a time, and see if it still plots all objects.

continue with pasting objects, if "good" drawing still plots ok, then "original" drawing corrupt.

save as with new "good" drawing

Intel P4 3.0 GHZ
512 DDRAM
Win 2000 Pro
Autocad 14, 2002 with EP 2.3.1
Autocad 2008

That doesn't do it either. After I paste everything into the 'good' drawing, the file currupts again. However, that has narrowed it down to something in the model, and not necessarily the layout it seems.

With that said, I thought I might try to paste only some normal drawings in there. No corruption. Then I tried pasting some of the xrefs. Fine again. There is something else in the jumble thats corrupting it. I'll try pasting larger areas until I can narrow it down later. I'll post what I find out.

Hi,

which version are you running?
There is a system variable: MAXACTVP. But normally it has not an effect on the plot...
(A drowning man will clutch at a straw.)

Lothar

ADT 2004

AutoCAD 2007 LT, I see.

I would erase entity for entity. Maybe you will find the error in the drawing.
Can you attach the *.dwg?

Lothar

ADT 2004

francesca, you can't even place viewports in the model space it seems. Why would someone want to plot from model space?

Exxit, MAXACTVP yeilded a current variable of <64>. I'm not sure what that means. I thought about attaching it, but I feel there would be ethical issues of attaching someone elses intelectual property onto the internet.

I tried copying individule drawings and testing the plot after each paste until I got everything over. With no ploting issues after all this I tried copying the entire thing like I had done earlier. Strangley enough that worked. I don't know what I did differently this time.

I have all the information in the 'good file'. Now all I have to do is copy all the page layout info over, and remake the viewports with thier appropriet layers frozen in each one. *sigh*

You most certainly can have multiple viewports in model space (or could up to Version 2004(6), I'm a bit behind the times); a bit like using split windows in Excel. But I agree, why would anyone want to plot from Model space, and yet that's where most people whose AutoCAD files I've received place their page borders and plot from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back