Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Only Proxy is Working for Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismaiism

Mechanical
Apr 2, 2001
EG
Dear Friends
I shall be too much grateful to find a better solution to the problem of Internet Server Provider that turned to be a problem of Windows. I am using Widow 95.
My ISP has two services one with proxi and the other without proxi. Usually I am contacting the web with the proxi server on. I found lately that the connection without the proxi is not working either using the IE 5.2 or the Netscape 4.7. In both browsers they are looking or try to connect the site I am demanding but they so not succeed in opening it. This problem does not occur when using the proxi server and the connection is normal. The same problem occurred using two other ISP services that do not have proxi service. The solution suggested by the ISP service is to change my modem from Rockwell 33 to some other modem higher like 57. I already changed the modem without success. Now some friend told me that I must format my hard disc as this problem is a problem of the operating system and it is better to use Window 98.controlthe

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Formating a Hard drive is never neccassary unless you have major problem with the OS.

This seems like a minor issue.

Your Question seems like it needs more information.

I will do the best I can...

Under your control panel goto internet options.

there should be a connections tab.

In here are all of your connection settings.

you need to make sure that these settings are correct.

Check with your ISP as to what there dial up numbers and settings are.

Make sure dial connection never dial a connection is not selected. I would select dial a connection when network is not available

You will see there is a LAN Settings button.
IF you are connecting through a Network not a Phone line you need to make sure these setting are correct as well
Your Other ISP should walk you through these setting i mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back