Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Open Dialog Box - Custom File Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesBarlow

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2002
US
I found this older posting about the same thing but I wanted to see if any has found a way to do this in 2007.

When you open, or save a file the dialog box that opens has some options on the left for Recent Documents, My Documents, and a few others. Just like the above post the only one I use is the PDMWorks one. I know I'm just being lazy but is there any way to add or remove these ones. Right now I put some shortcuts on my desktop to have access to some folders on our server but I still have to go thru all the time and effort of hitting the desktop icon first.

This really falls under the category of "I tried to do it myself but wasn't able to so I want to make sure it can't be done and not that I just couldn't figure it out myself."

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am also trying to customize the shortcut file locations that show up on the left side of the box. I am running Windows XP Pro64 and I was able to modify the registry which changed the file locations on most of the other Open and Save As dialog boxes except Solidworks. Does anyone know if this is possible to modify? Is there a registry setting that can be changed like I did for the other Windows programs? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back