Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Opened Cadkey 99 and found a white screen and functions not working? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

2old2

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2010
US
Cannot bring in files. Error message stating "Function not presently available" on anything I try to do. Almost as if 99 corrupted. No other data lost, i.e. Word, e-mail, etc... just Cadkey files. I am totally shut down. Thank you for any advice to resurrect program! :eek:)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you, moldcore. Yes, I have considered re-installing, but wasn't sure if I would lose my .prt & .ptn files. Will I have to save all my files to another medium? My files all seem to be there, it's just that I can't access them.

Just create a new folder for your files that you want to save. Move the files you want to save there and then uninstall CK99 before re-installing. Is your version of CK99 one that requires a license? If you have a legitimate license you should be able to register it with Kubotek and log into their forum. I’ve never heard of or seen the symptoms you describe but someone there should be able to help you. Kubotek just did away with their dealer network in the USA, so you will have to deal with the main office for tech help or this forum from now on.

Thank you, again, moldcore. Yes, I have a legit copy of CK99 with a serial number. Have had it ever since it came out, new. I will create another folder for my data files and transfer everything over to it. I will then uninstall CK99, softboot the computer when finished, and then reload a fresh copy. I have Rel. 1...was there a Rel. 2, or any updates for 99? I sincerely appreciate your help!

2old2

I can’t remember if there was an R2. I was about this time the Cadkey introduced the license that tied your software to a piece of hardware, such as hard drive or network card. That pissed off a lot of users that used one copy on multiple machines. I noticed that I have the manuals for CK99 but don’t see the disks anywhere. If there was an R2, it’s possible that we would have downloaded it and didn’t save it when we updated software and computers. Like I said before, get on the company forum, they still have a Cadkey forum just for users like yourself. There used to be another forum on the net that was run by a developer, but noticed the other day that it’s down. This forum is pretty much dead. Have you tried the CNC Zone or Practical Machinists forums? There may be someone there who still uses CK99. Sorry I can't be of anymore help, it's been too long sinse we use that version.

You have been more help than you know. I appreciate the time and research you have done to get me back up and running. I would have done something by now, but have had two emergencies in the family (unrelated) in the last 48 hours and haven't been able to think about the computer. One of the emergencies is in Mexico and the other is in Arkansas. I'm torn between them!

Thank you again, moldcore! It IS appreciated!

2old2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back