Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OPENING PRO-E PART FILE-NOTHING HAPPENS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
I've had this problem with a couple pro-e part files from different customers. I try to open it, "xxx.prt.1", The "Pro/Engineer to Solidworks Coverter" dialog box comes up. I change the radio button from analyze the model completely, to import geometry directly, with knitting, and try forming solid model checked, hit Ok. The Pro/Engineer to Solidworks Converter" , that analyzes the file, comes up for a quick flash, then dissappears, and that's the end of it. No model, not even an empty part file comes up. I'm on sw2007 sp2.2. Is proe locking us out?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you opening the file over a network? When I have had this problem in the past, moving the file to a local drive and then opening it has worked.

Solidworks 2007 SP2.0
2GB Ram/3GB Switch
Quadro FX1300
P4 3.40GHz Duo XP Pro SP2.0

Hey CorBlimeyLimey. thanks for the help. Now that the problem is solved, can you give me a tip as to how to delete the file from the mooload site?

I don't believe you can. Just leave it ... it will be deleted when they need more room. Usually takes about a month or so depending on how often the file is downloaded.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back