Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Opening ST - Synchronous Part, "solids" greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechengr1234

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2014
US
For some reason, when I open a synchronous part template like I always did, the program wants to start in sketch mode where solids, patterns, and some other panes are all greyed out. Any idea what setting may have changed to make this happen? I can't find anything under solid edge options that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It looks like the more recent template files in synchonous force you to sketch before you turn them into solids. I'm used to selecting "protrude", etc, then making a sketch from there. I'm just going to use old template files instead of the new ones. If there's a way to force ST2 to open with old templates like how I'm describing, that would be great.

It is the case that you start with a sketch in synchronous although in ST7 there's a choice of 3 primitive types - box, cylinder, sphere - without need for a sketch. You could change SE options in the "helpers" tab to make the default environment Ordered rather than Synchronous. Then you will see active Extrude and Revolve buttons (if you prefer to work in ordered) although patterns and other panes will still be greyed out since there's nothing to operate on.

Changing the user environment to Ordered fixed it. Thank you.

Can I convert a drawing begun in Synchronous into Traditional, or do I have to start and stay in one environment for a given drawing?

I assume you mean part, not drawing. No, you can mix ordered and synchronous modeling. If you add features in ordered you will only see them in ordered. But in ordered you will see everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back