Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

opening step files

Status
Not open for further replies.

ejbit

Geotechnical
Jun 1, 2006
NL
Hi all,

Can anybody help me with the following:
when I open a stp-file with the assembly template, it seems the conversion is going allright, however I don't see anything in my 3d-model!

Are there any 'safe'-options on opening a step-file? (so it always works)

Evert
SoldEdge V19
Windows XP Pro

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It may be that its coming in as surfaces and you need to set it to show surfaces.

Are you getting parts listed in your edge bar?

As Kenat said, if the model come up only in surfaces it may be because you don't have the options checked to create the base features of each model or SE can't create any base feature because there are some problems with the 3d model.

Patrick

When opening a step-file with the part-template I get the following warning: You are attempting to import a step-file which contains assemblies into a part document.
If I continue I get the folowing message: multiple bodies found during the file open process. I then see the model with part copies.
When I open the same file with the asm-template I see nothing. There's no model and there's nothing showing in the assembly pathfinder tab. The log-file states there are solid bodies created.

Can anybody help?

Evert
SoldEdge V19
Windows XP Pro

Hi,

the asm seems to consist of construction bodies
only. The EdgeBar should show at least one item.
Select it them RMB --> Show/Hide Component --> activate
Surfaces.

HTH

dy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back