Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Operation of blind flange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You cannot use a davit as such. You will have to think of something else although it looks like there are lifting handles already on the blank flange so you must be thinking of using them!!

I agree - looks more like you need some sort of sliding rails arrangement to lower the manhole onto and then slide out sideways. Make sure your studs are fairly long.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

" is not acceptable for client".

hmmm, difficult client eh? Well tell him he needs to start weightlifting.

don't see why this is "expensive" though, but clearly we only have a very small snapshot of the design arrangement.

That recessed flange arrangement doesn't really give you any means of attaching any clamps, but maybe you could attach 4 pad eyes and 4 lifting lugs and then just attach 4 cables and then lower it?

Use a pair of removeable air tuggers/come-alongs to lift the blind up to the point of stud engagement on the back side of the blind, they run it up with impact, then tighten to plant spec's.

Good luck
rick

Hi Littleinch,

Cables wires? I have to think about it
Is there any design for these supports as per any design handbook?
Can i go for hinged type?

enfield - we're working blind here. I have no idea what height there is, room available, how often you want to remove this thing, how much space.

however I don't think a hinge will work for this type of flange and won't be cheap.

Can't you just get a tele handler in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back