Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Operations on a created field output

Status
Not open for further replies.

slam00000

Civil/Environmental
Dec 6, 2007
CA
I have created a new field output can any one tell if plotting this field output with time is possible (like what I do with other output exixting in the model).Can one do Operate on XY operations on that field output. I couldnot figure it out from the Documentations

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're doing an implicit analysis you can do the following:

First, in the Visualization module select Results -> Active Steps/Frames and select which steps and frames in your analysis you wish to extract the data from. You may or may not wish to include all of the frames, this is up to you.

Next you can select Tools -> XY Data -> Create -> ODB Field Output to create the XY Data Object you desire. You should double check which Steps/Frames you wish to be active and then select your desired field output variable and finally select which region you want to extract the data from be it from the viewport or through previously generated sets. Be careful here, selecting a very large region will generate A LOT of curves so this should be done only on a smaller region of interest.

You can repeat this process for other field output variables and then combine them should you wish to produce a plot of two time/frame based variables against each other for say a stress/strain curve and the like.

This is all covered in excellent detail in Section 29.1.2: Understanding how to specify an X-Y data object and the subsequent sections in the documentation.

Good luck.
bEakerPPK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back