Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Oregon PE License Application Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

swooneyWOODSTRUCT

Structural
Aug 23, 2019
US
I passed my pe civil-structural exam, yay!

Does anyone know what the Oregon board is looking for in the "Duties Performed and Representative Projects" section that we fill out on the application for our license? Do they have an example somewhere?

I just want to know how thorough I need to be and what format they are looking for.

I have thousands of projects I could list from the last 7 years, how many do they want hear about?

The online form just has a text box to fill in, with no mention of formatting or anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Emphasize what your role was, and use action verbs, such as 'I designed component xxx on project yyy, addressing issues related to the integration of xxx to component zzz' or something similar. Indicate that you performed analysis and were instrumental to the completion of the design, while also indicating that you applied engineering concepts to ensure both construct ability and life safety of the project.

I originally received my license in WA, but when I applied for commity in OR, I recall their expectations being more stringent that what was required for licensure in WA, so make sure you are clear the role you played and the importance of your contributions on the projects that you submit to the board.

If you did a certain type of repetitive work on multiple projects, you can lump them together like this:

"Designed reinforced concrete retaining walls for 11 site development projects and 3 highway projects. The concrete retaining walls ranged in height from 6 feet to 12 feet and ranged in length from 125 feet to 300 feet. Designed reinforced masonry retaining walls for 4 site development projects. The masonry retaining walls ranged in height from 4 feet to 8 feet and ranged in length from 75 feet to 150 feet."

"Designed hundreds of seismic restraints for process piping and HVAC ducting for 6 water treatment and wastewater treatment plants. The process piping ranged in diameter from 4 inches to 18 inches. The HVAC ducting ranged in size from 12-inch-diameter to 36-inch-square."

============
"Is it the only lesson of history that mankind is unteachable?"
--Winston S. Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back