Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ORGIN KEEPS MOVING

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexDring

Mechanical
Dec 31, 2002
US
I try to set my orgin at 0,0,0 and it appears to set. But as I go along and if I check my elevations, I have stuff all over the place in reference to Z. What am I doing wrong, cant I set my Z to a point and have it keep it there no matter what view I am in or use? Very frustrating when I try to break a line at a intersection and behold they arent touching.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not knowing which release of AutoCAD you have...

There is an Express Tool called Flatten... which might be of some assistance.

You can also use the -CHANGE to the Properties dialog box to change the THICKNESS nd/or ELEVATION properties of objects bck to 0 (zero).

Or you could try pasting this into a new button in
"Macro associated with this button".

^C^C_UCS;;_move _all;;0,0,1e99;;_move _all;;0,0,-1e99;;

- Tracy

I am using 2002, with express. The problem is not getting the objects back to 0, its thinking your in world ucs, in model space, thinking the ucs is at 0,0,0 and its not. Only to rotate the 2d drawing and seeing random z settings.

I believe I am having a similar problem.....If I re-set my UCS to a point near the core of my solid, I can then use 3D ordit and the part orbits nicely (90% of the time). The other 10% the UCS will move to where I want it to, but appears to move back when I 3D orbit (as soon as I try to orbit, the image disappears from the screen because it's axis of rotation is so far away from the part)???????

Are you setting the UCS to World or are you just setting the current one to 0,0,0?

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back