Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

OROS or PULS system

Status
Not open for further replies.

corushtd

Industrial
Oct 7, 2003
NL
We are thinking of buying a 16 channel realtime analyser and are looking at both B&K Puls and the OROS38 system. Oros is new to me and I don't know any one using it so I'm looking for some stories/experiences of people who have worked with it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've seen demos of the Oros system, and it seems to work well enough.
If you're doing acoustics, though, shouldn't you also consider the Head Acoustics Artemis system?

I use one daily for both sound and vibration, and structural data acquisition and analysis; I selected it over the Pulse system in part because of cost, in part because of better portability.
The artemis system is a very "intuitive" system - my training on it consisted of a (lengthy) telephone conversation with the salesman.

Rob,

Thanks for your response. I'll use the system mainly for vibration and other parameters like temperature (any 4-20 mA) for trouble shooting and standard measurements to fine tune machinery. Because we are with a group of 8 fte and use it all over the plant on all sorts of machinery the "easy to use" item is very importante.

Hello there,

I recently made a 3 days training for a Honda team, "hands on experimental modal analysis".

I did not know about OROS before that day, (only used to old HP or BK analyzers), but on the overall it ran smoothly.

This was a 16 channels systems with 5 ICP 3D accelerometers + 1 impact hammer.

Signal quality was OK, and quite easy to monitor thanks to the "multiple windows" (It is possible ot create and resize any number of windows, which can display signals in real time).

The whole setup was rather compact (say- about 15x10x3 inches, weight about 10 lbs).

On the overall, for field measurements, I believe that it is a fairly good product.

However, I don't how this compares with BK or other "up to date" products.

Cheers

Nicolas.

BTW, even if this was a PC Windows 98 based product, it did not crash or hang or whatever ... amazing, isn't it ?

Dear Nicolas,

This is the information I need. You've been working with the BK 2032 or 2035 before, Puls more or less works in the same way. Did you find OROS easier to handle? Did you only do the impact testing? I belief that the FEE is a seperate module did you also use normale FFT- spectra? Pleas let me know. We've been working with B&K for a long time and in generale we are pleased with it. Only thing is that it is not very easy to programe and it's modulare build some times can give you some surprises.

Oros was used in my university, it ran fine.

Now I use LMS Pimento, 16 Channel (up to 24)

It works fine, easy to use. It crashes sometimes but they keep correcting the bugs. Good hotline as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back