Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

orthotropic material

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFO

Mechanical
May 21, 2004
CA
Hello
I am trying to run FEA with generative structural analysis (CatiaV5R13) and it looks like catia is allergic to orthotropic material, such as vertically laminated wood or simply, wood... even in the help file, if you type a search for "orthotropic" there is no reference. Is there a secret move for working with orthotropic material setting ?
If I am using an isotropic material setting, it works but not as accurate as it should, compared to full size machined wood piece I have test benched.
Thanks in advance
Lofo

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can select orthotropic material from the "properties" option on the material. Just double- click the material after you have added it to your part and select the "Analysis" tab. You can now change it to an orthotropic material and add your properties.

No... it never worked.
All the numbers I have in this orthotropic material setting window are correct.
Someone on another forum replied that Catia is not performing non-linear analysis. I do not know if he right but if there is no utility for this orthotropic thing why do they put it there ! .
I am still stock with the problem too.
Regards,
Lofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back