Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OSHA reccomendations (INDUSTRY) air quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

resilientsoma

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2012
SE
Sorry if this has been answered or posted in the wrong area, but is there an OSHA recommendation or standard for Industry temperature, humidity, and dew point ??

I found dew point is recommended to be between 60-65 degF, but not sure if this is for offices. Thanks a lot! I know there is a difference between CODE and Recommendation.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Resilientsoma,

Don't be too harsh with MintJulep. Please read the forum policies at: Forum Policies. Mint just paraphrased policy number 1. It doesn't seem that you have found them yet.

Welcome to eng-tips, by the way. Glad to have you here.

Thanks!

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

@ MintJulep : I apologize; I thought you were being sarcastic to me.

Let me rephrase the question and say, can someone send me the link to OSHA's recommendations (or code) for INDUSTRY standards regarding TEMP/HUMIDITY/DEWPOINT if applicable? I did find this: OSHA recommends humidity control in the range of 20%RH-60%RH - but wasn't sure if it was for office or industry.

Thank you, and @ DRWeig, Sorry; I assume you are the site moderator? Thanks for the heads up and warm welcome!

No, I'm not a site moderator -- just a member of a tech group. We try to help out new folks, though.

To Mint's point, look into the top five hits when you google this string of words: [highlight #73D216]osha standards for air quality temperature humidity site:eek:sha.gov[/highlight]. One of those five hits has just what you are looking for, three more of them have good information, and the first hit contains links that lead you to the others.

By the way, OSHA's general standards and comments, such as what you'll find in the search above, apply to any workplace, no difference between industrial, commercial, retail, golf course maintenance, etc... There are plenty of industry-specific standards in there, but they focus on particular hazards within those industries.

You might consider also googling this one: [highlight #73D216]google search tips tricks[/highlight]. I learned a lot there long ago, and it has served me well.

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back