Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

OUTPUT : HY8 FOR CULVERT DESING 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noopur

Structural
Aug 19, 2002
The output of HY8 program (from HYDRAIN family of programs by FHWA)gives you the "type of flow" in the culvert for different discharge values.
For example: 1-S2n, 5-S2n, 1-M2c etc etc.
What is the significance of these short forms. Does anybody has any idea where I can find the description of these short forms used for "type of flow" in the culvert.
I am sure there must be some FHWA publication which explains this...but I couldn't find it!
Please help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

check your hydraulics text book. Open Channel Hydraulics by Chow, McGraw-Hill describes the standard profiles.
H(2,3) is for horizontal,
M(1,2,3) is for mild slopes (subcritical)
C(1,2,3) is for critical
S(1,2,3) is for steep (supercritical)

Best, Tincan.

Thanks Tincan & Terry for your replies. I do have the HDS-5....I ahve gone through it once & coudn't find any thing related to this. Let me go through it once again. In case if you know the exact page number where I can find this info, please forward it.

Thanks again Terry,
I needed a quick and concise depiction of this for a submittal. This will do.

Do you know if this is copyrighted data? I will just site the web address for now, but would love to give credit to whoever wrote/drew this.

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back