Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

output pulsing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofugginyeti

Mechanical
May 8, 2018
US
I've recently overhauled a Hankwang Koba 3015TC with Fanuc C2000C oscillator originally manufactured in 2000. The machine is displaying a intermittent pulsing of output which doesn't show on laser display screen. I have no formal training of diagnostics or repair, I just understand most of the physics of how lasers operate and am very mechanically inclined. I have hit a dead end trying to troubleshoot and I'm looking for any information that can point me in the right direction.

Video of issue
Laser command is 150w, 100hz, 100% duty, 6 seconds, laser power screen reports Pa of 170w.

Run down of what I've done to the machine and any information that may be helpful; machine has just over 6000 hours on cabinet display, discharge tubes 1 and 3 were replaced by an unknown tech a few years back after developing cracks and have maybe 1500 hours. Machine sat unused for about 2 years because most pneumatic lines were broken and locked up the plc. I replaced all pneumatic lines in the machine and water lines for the beam delivery optics. Machine now was unlocked and would function but displayed alarm 4085. I inspected the oscillator and found cracked filter plate on exhaust pump, broken ceramic on all 4 trigger electrodes, crack on discharge tube 4, and spotted folding mirrors. I replaced the cover, tube, and electrodes, then tuned the power supplies. I then changed the optics, set calibration coefficient and aligned the beam delivery optics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back