Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

overlap command corrupts the database

Status
Not open for further replies.

br33zala

Aerospace
Mar 21, 2000
IN
Hello Ansys users,
I am solving a problem of plate with many small circular areas which represent pits. When I subtract or overlap this areas with the main plate area , the operation is succesfull , but when I save the database and resume it, I get the following error message
"An unexpected error (floating point exception)has occurred. ANSYS internal data has been corrupted.ANSYS is unable to recover and will terminate.Previously saved files are unaffected"
CAn anybody help me with this problem.
regards,
ZALA
email:bzala@hotmail.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hai,

Have you tried exporting the data base in archive format using cdwrite after the operation.This sometimes resolves the issue.

Import the same using cdread command in new file.

With Regards,
E.Logesh

Hi logesh,
I have done that.And I have done quite a few other things.
Like overlap the areas by taking small sectors rather than full plate and all the circular disc shaped areas on it.
It works for some time but it is not able to perform the "save db" and "resume db" operations afterwards.
regards,
zala B

Just out of interest are you using Ansys 5.6 on an HP machine? If so the fix is to dl a patch from HP called the "3D Common Runtime patch".

If not can you post the details of ansys version and machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back