Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

P. Engineering, Canada / Canadian Experience 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalis

Industrial
Nov 1, 2006
CA
Dear Engineers,
I recently migrated from Pakistan to Canada as an immigrant and in Canada I want to continue my profession as an Electrical Engineer.
Can any one advice /help me in this regards.
Jalis

Jalis:

First of all, you will need to contact the governing body in the province, i.e. in Alberta, it is APEGGA, Ontario is PEO, etc.

I don't know for sure, but I am almost positive you will have to challenge as I don't believe that you can get full credit for your education. Don't ask me why, but that is the way it is done.

Hope this helps.

hi jalis
i am your pakistani fellow and i am also looking for an electrical engineering job. Until yet, i am still looking....

I had some friends in school who were from Pakistan and Lebanon. They provinvial association (APEGGA in this case) would not give them full credit for their undergraduate work. What they did is enroll at the University of Alberta for their Masters of Engineering (M.Eng) program. It's an 18-month program that is project-based, not thesis-based. After their master's degree, APEGGA said they were eligible, plus gave them 12 months of work experience 'credit' towards their P.Eng.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back