Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pack and Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2008
US
Trying to copy a large assm. to another directory and rename. I am tryignt to use the pack and go feature and bring all the drawings with each sub-assm. It seems to be bringing only the .drw file the main and not the subs.??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I typically do not pack n go the assemblies, I pack n go the drawing to make sure everything is included. On the pack n go screen, are you checking the "Include Drawings" checkbox?

Flores

I've had similar failures w/ P-n-G. It's just not finding the drawings, even if they are in the same folder as the models. Sometimes worky, sometimes no-worky. Quirky.

Exactly Tick. I do have the box checked to include drawings. I got it to work on one assm and not the next. I was hoping it was just something that I was missing.

"It seems to be bringing only the .drw file the main and not the subs.??"
Did you mean the main drawing (.slddrw) document and not the sub-assy models or sub-assy drawings?

Are you using multi-sheet drawings?

[cheers]

It brings all the part files with it and all in the correct sub folders, but it does not bring any of the drws. from sub folder A, B, C, etc. I only get the main drw. Yes to the multi sheet.

Let me give you a better example of what I'm trying to do. I am taking an existing job, that is very similar to my new job, and copying. I need to open the main file, and all of it's subs. What I need to happen is when I update, change, modify my new design, for the drws. to update accordingly. Keep in mind, the job is 100% detail. Which is why I need all the sub drws. Thanks

I have a top level assembly model c/w sub-assembly models.
I have part models.
I have a multi-sheet drawings for each of the above.

In SW Explorer, I select the top level assembly drawing and do the Pack and Go on it. I make sure that the Include drawings option is selected, and that all relevant parts are selected. I rename documents using the Select / Replace option, specify the destination folder and hit save ... and everything works the way it should.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back