Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pack n Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

bstones

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2010
US
In my latest project I've been using the 'pack n go' feature quite often. I'm having one small issue. The file that I 'pack n go' is the top level assembly. My problem starts when I change the file names of the components within sub-assemblies of the top level. I've made the changes to the file names, but after I complete the 'pack n go' it only renames the files inserted at the top level. Any files that are components within the sub-assemblies remain as the previous file name and are not brought to the new save location.

Any ideas on why this might be happening??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

bstones,

What version of SolidWorks are you on? What OS? And are you using a PDM client?

I can't replicate that issue when doing the same thing on...
SolidWorks 2010 sp4
Windows 7 x64

Jack Lapham
Engr Sys Admin
Dell M6400 Covet (24 Season 8, Ep 22)
Intel Core 2 Duo T9800, 2.93GHz, 1066MHZ 6M L2 Cache
8.0GB, DDR3-1066 SDRAM, 2 DIMM
1Gb nVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M (8.17.12.5896)
W7x64 | sw-01: 55.92
SolidWorks x64sp4 in PDMWxE

I'm running with the same setup listed above. When I did the pack n go the original assembly is NOT in the same location as all sub-components. I'm wondering if this is to blame. After checking references and where used in SW explorer, everything seems to be ok.

I have gone back and replaced all the files, I'm just wondering why this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back