Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panel View 900 problem 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo2

Electrical
Feb 24, 2005
US
We have a Panel View 900 designed for use with the DH 485 network. One of our students mistakenly plugged out ethernet into it and the unit doesn't work now. The school budget will not allow us to send it out for repair or much less a replacement. Does anyone know of a possible repair that can be done?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I know that our AB distributor in town has sales support (1 engineer and 1 technician) guys that are always willing to help us out when something like that happens to our equipment. I would suggest calling your local distributor and see if they have any suggestions....might be worth a shot.

Thanks Jamespy! Unfortunately we have been getting nowhere through the company. They are more than willing to have us pay to have ours repaired and give us a repaired one in exchange but once again it's not in the budget. I was hoping I could find someone who might have been able to repair one that could give me a direction to look as far as repairing it myself.

Hello;
Ethernet and DH-485 use similiar voltage levels. I would look for a mechanical defect in the connector before electrical. Are the pins bent inside the connector?

Thanks djs! I hadn't looked at the connector or pins, I guess the simple things are easily overlooked. I'll take a look and let you know. Thank for the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back