Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PanelView Plus 700 to SLC5/05 via ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.

matsusi

Automotive
Sep 25, 2006
CA
Here is what I have set up to date:
Panelview Plus 700 address 192.168.0.99
SLC5/05 address 192.168.0.98
PC address 192.168.0.1
The three devices are connected through a DLink router.
All use straight-thru cables although the router is auto-selecting. I am able to view both my PanelView and SLC using RSLinx Lite.
I have written a program and downloaded it to my SLC. (the program is very simple just XIC B3:0/X turns on OTE O:4/X if true) I did an ASCII export of my tags from RSLogix.
I created a new RSView app and imported my tags. I then created 10 momentary buttons on the main screen of my app.
I change the tag for each button to Button 0 through Button 1 (the symbol values for B3:0/0 to B3:0/9 as imported from my SLC program)
I download the app to my PanelView 700 and then load the program. I see 10 buttons when the program launches. When I "touch" any of the buttons I see a notification box pop up saying it is unable to write a 1 or a 0 to B3:0/0.
The whole time the devices remain active in RSLinx so I know I'm not loosing communication.
Would someone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm sure it is something very simple that I'm overlooking. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello;
You have to configure the communications in the PanelView+ using RsStudio. Look at the tab in the explorer tree labeled communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back