Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panning in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngJW

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2003
Have the sliders along the bottom and side of the view been removed for 2008? I am having to use the pan icon to move around now.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ever tried Ctrl+Middle mouse button for panning? Much quicker than going to find a button or scroll slider. The exception is if you're trying to scroll a long distance. Then the scroll slider will be quicker. The pan button is the slowest option in any scenario.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

Thanks. I have version 0.0. I've been reluctant to upgrade because I haven't had any problems yet, but I should take a chance and jump to 3.0.

I promise that if you get a Spaceball, and learn to use it, you will will never want to go back to zoom / pan / rotate using the keyboard, or mouse again. The key, however is to make yourself use the spaceball, and not just have it sitting on your desk. Anyone who has learned to work with a 3D mouse would not easily give it up.

I would second the reply about a spaceball. I bought the 3D Connection Space Explorer model, and I wouldnt go back to just the mouse again. Once you get used to it, you definitely save time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back