Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paper/pulp machine vibration - certification/assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgmeana

Industrial
Nov 19, 2001
SE
Hi all,

I have been looking for Standards, Guidelines and Papers on recommendations for vibration levels on paper and pulp machines and could not find anything specific.

Has anyone got any good references that can be used to assess and/or set specs of pulp&paper machine regarding vibration levels?

Thanks,
J

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't say I've run across a standard/guideline that specifies a limit for a single machine. There are definitely Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) guidelines for indoor industrial vibrations that workers can be exposed to. There are also environmental limits that industries must meet for outdoor vibration limits. Lastly, structurally, you would want to ensure the vibrations are not going to cause long-term destructive issues (but don't think there's guidelines for that).

Are you looking for a way to compare various machines to see which is superior (or at least adequate)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back