Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameterize last converged substep in a nonlinear analysis in ANSYS 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouzasoscar

Structural
Apr 5, 2021
ES
Hello everyone.

I'm Óscar, nice to meet you all.

I'm trying to develop a probabilistic nonlinear analysis using optisLang, so I need to put every input and output parameter in the Ansys' design point table.

Analysis consists on two load steps. During first load step, self-weight is applied. Then, in second load step, the standard load case is applied. I'm working with load factors, so my limit state depends on the time load when the solution stops: if solution converge, then last converged load step is going to be equals to 2, so the structure passes; if solution does not converge, then last converged load step is going to be lower than 2, so the structure fails.

I used a Command (APDL) object to acquire the last converged load step. Commands are:
set,last
*get,my_step,ACTIVE,0,set,time !my_step is then parameterized

Here is my problem, when the solution does not converge, Ansys skips every command that is placed in the Solution. How could I avoid this? Is there another way to obtain the last converged load step as an output parameter?

I'm aware of restart points, but these do not allow me to parameterize them (as an output parameter).

Regards,
Óscar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Moreover, when I try to solve a fail case in batch mode I get an error regarding the design point table.

(DP 0) Update of the Solution component in Static Structural for Design Point 0 failed: Error updating cell Solution in system Static Structural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back