Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Parameters - batch create

Status
Not open for further replies.

eholmes

Mechanical
Nov 19, 1999
US
I have multiple .prt files that need specific parameter information. At the time the project was started, we didn't have a start part with this information. Can I use the information from the param.inf file of one part and incorporate that into multiple parts? Any assistance is most appreciated.

Eholmes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I located the file processor utility from that was mentioned in a few other threads and created a mapkey. I then ran the file processor which created a .cfg file that edited all the files I chose. The only down side for others is that the processor is only set-up for rel 20, 2000i and 2000i2. Those who are now running 2001 or Wildfire may be out of luck until this program is updated.

Eholmes

There is another nice method for doing this.

In your model tree, show columns, in type go to model params, use the arrow keys to transfer all parameters across.

It's best to do this in the top level assembly as you can copy and paste parameters from models to other models. You can also use this to create parameters provided they appear in the top level model. Great way to add a new parameter to all the parts in an assembly!

Hayden

Tip: If you do not have a top level assembly then create one and just package the components. It is not important how the components are placed in the assembly, but that they exist in the model tree. Then you can follow the steps outlined by Hayden to copy and paste params to all components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back