Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parking Striping

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus3d

Civil/Environmental
Jan 3, 2002
US
Anybody know of any good books about parking striping dimensions and requirements?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Even if you find some good references, remember to check the local codes and ordinances. In some places the minimum width for a parking stall is 9'; 8.5' allowed in employee parking areas; 8' allowed for designated compact car parking, different for parking garages, etc. For length of stall, 20' is common, less if wheel stop is used and overhang space available.

I am doing some non-standard stripes for a parking lot.
The stripes are providing an enterance to a handicap ramp.
I need it to seperate a parking stripe and face of curb
by 4' to allow a some path onto the ramp. I need to
know how I should show the seperation.

C| |S
U| |T
R| |R
B| |I
.| |P
.| |E
.| |.

In Public (under the sun) zones in Zaragoza the strip goes blank, the parking area may likely be apparent concrete and the pedestrian zone is painted green. If it does not last much, this gives renewed work, no?

Areas of no parking such as walkways and handicap access aisles are striped with closely spaced stripes at 45 degrees to direction of travel. I've seen 4" wide stripes spaced 18" on center but could be wider, other spacing. Don't know of any code or standard for this.

The ADA [Americans with Disibilities Act] Standards for Accessible Design offers minimum required parking space layout criteria. Section 4.6 Parking and Passenger Loading Zones.

Try 4" wide yellow stripes @ 3-4' on center & @ 45 degree angle to curb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back