Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Part cutout - WF4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgallup

Automotive
May 9, 2003
US
I have a part which has a number of other parts cutout of it created in assembly mode. I want to redefine one of these cutout features to reference a different part. I have activated the part with the cutout feature in the assembly and picked redefine. However, when I try to pick a new reference part I get an error message Invalid selection; try again. I get the same message no matter which part I pick. Am I missing something or do I just have to delete and recreate this feature?

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes you will have to delete the cutout of part let's say "A" and then create a new cutout of the desired part let's say "B". This is the same when using copy geometry, but it would tell you "You are allowed to select on one part only".
Drfaust...

I guess I don't understand why they even have a redefine option when you can't redefine it.

Oh well, that's what I though. Fortunately no child dependencies to resolve so it was easy enough.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back