Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part Family drawing corrupt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimrivers

Mechanical
Sep 7, 2011
US
Drawing file is corrupt ..will not stay open.The Drawing appears for a second, flashes and then seemingly kicks out of drafting. There is a string of o/s errors in the log file??? I created a part family with 7 members, pretty straightforward shafts ...created the first drawing for the first part family child. I then made a change the part family, updated the members and when I opened the dwg, error error. I could just recreate the drawing file but I am hesitate since the unexpected results of updating..which prettymuch renders my part family useless if i can't create drawings. Anyone have this kind of problem? I hate to abandon using part families as these parts are very similiar but doesn't seem to be working in 7.5 as I expected, OUCH!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suggest you contact GTAC and have them look at your file(s).

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks John, probelm solved..GTAC was most helpful, opened the dwg no components then ran the PART CLEANUP, closed. did the same on the partfamily template..then reopened the drawing no components then loaded the drawing with the part family member..opened fine.

GTAC is the best CAD support team I have ever worked with. Always helpful and friendly. Most of them are former users so they know the software.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back