Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part family problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanKidman

Mechanical
Apr 5, 2012
GB
Hello all,

Does anyone know why changing the customer default for 'part family directory' doesn't work? It always seems to default to the 'part file directory'.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you changed it on site level or group or user level? Level will overrule group, group will overrule user. Also, are you working native or with Teamcenter integration?

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

Hi, I changed at site. When I look in my log file it has been changed but doesn't work. This is on a native install.

Did you restarted your session before testing the new settings? Made the changes in Gateway - Reuse Labrary - Part Name Definition tab?

Best regards,

Michaël.

NX7.5.4.4 + TC Unified 8.3
Win 7 64 bit (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @2.67GHz)
24.0 GB
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 + NVIDIA Tesla C2050

Thanks for your replies. Yes that is the one and yes I restarted. It seems very strange.

Hi Dan, as far as I know, the part family creation directory by default is the same as the part file creation (Customer Defaults -> Gatwway -> General -> Directories -> Par file directory). The part family directory in the customer defaults is used to search the part family members the system can't find when NX is in assembly.

From help:
Creating Assembly Part Family Members
When creating or verifying assembly part family members, the system first searches for any parts using the Load Options. If no parts are found, the system searches the Family Save Directory, as specified on the Part Families dialog.

If the Family Save Directory is empty, the system continues to search in the following order:
1.Use the directory specified by the UGII_INITIAL_FAMILY_INSTANCE_DIR environment variable.
2.Use the directory specified for the Part File Directory customer default.
3.Use the default directory.

Regards
Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back