Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part history deletion/Spec.tree collapse into one dead node?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnj70

Automotive
Mar 17, 2003
US
I'm wondering if there is a way to consolidate the entire content of any given specification tree/part into one singular node. This would of coarse be a dead node with no modifiable characteristics, an orphan if you will. However I would like to know if this can be accomplished without changing or losing the existing part geometry. Any help with regards to this would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
mnj70

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!

I dont know for Part but for a product you can try this option : Tools+Options+Infrastructure+Product Structure+Product Structure -> select the Specification Tree products box !!! It creates a node name products that regroups everythings.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

hi,

I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but in order to remove history construction from your CATPart :

Copy your PartBody, and Past it as special as result (with no link) then you can remove your construction.

be aware that you cannot delete the "PartBoby" you have in your CATPart, you might be able to delete any other "Body" or "Open body" (wireframe).

So just remove anything from within that "PartBoby" and reorder the pasted solid into that "PartBoby".

Hope you can understand, and if this is what you are looking for then you can email me and i'll send you step by step picture word doc.

Have fun

Eric

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back