Part History in NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcovinagre

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2016
DE
Hi fellow eng.
I've been working with NX10 for some time now and I would like to know if is possible to make a save as.. to a part in a way that makes the part really new.
Every part I work with have a history file back to 2008 and I would like to remove this information by saving as a new part and that would be my original.
Is this possible?
Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, the post referenced by jerry1423 is not relevant since the solution offer there only applies to resetting the 'History Palette', not the 'Part History' record as saved with the Part file.

John R. Baker, P.E.
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

I don't know of any way to delete the part history. The only way to get a truly "new" file is to go to File -> new -> model -> blank. This will create a new file from scratch based on your current customer default settings. If you start a new file and pick an existing template, you will get all of the template part settings along with the existing template part history.

www.nxjournaling.com

You could export your entire old part into a new file, if you are only concerned with the model.

"Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively."
-Dalai Lama XIV

Why would you want to delete the history?

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

Hi guys ,
first thank you for all the answers.
I guess creating a new would be a way to go but if I would like to save a assembly as a new one to modify the necessary parts I would not like to have any part history. For example a bottom plate is something that I reuse (just change holes and outer size...). In CATIA v5 we can make a 'send to...' and that creates a new product with no links to the old one...
that would be my goal here...
thank you once again

Just to make sure... There is no direct link in the part history to the parts where the new one was created from....it is just text..
Unless of course you are talking about the Modeling history in the part navigator...that is a complete different story...

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2
HPZ420 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz, 32 Gb Win7 64B
Nvidea Quadro4000 2048MB DDR5

HP Zbook15
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4800MQ
CPU @ 2.70 GHz Win7 64b
Nvidia K1100M 2048 MB DDR5

The part history can be accessed by the menu>information>part>part history...
is just text but goes along with the part and I would like to delete this 'just text' when I make a save as...
do you (or anyone) knows how?

there's a command line tool refile_part.exe which will not remove that history, but "Removes the user name and program entries from the part history"
search the NX10 docs for refile_part and look at "Run refile_part from the command line" for more information.

Anthony Galante
Senior Support Engineer

NX3 to NX10 with almost every MR (29versions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back