Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

part in assembly automatically replaced by toolbox component. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
The company I work at does not use tool box components for fasteners. We have a library of separate screws that we place into our assemblies. The filenames are nothing like those of the toolbox components. Recently we are experiencing in our assemblies that the screws are being automatically replaced with toolbox components, and blowing up the assemblies. Has anyone experienced this, or have a solution as to what might be causing this?

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do the replacements have the tool box names?

See if there are any changes to the status of the library parts.

Previous experience suggests some user got clever and fixed a problem they had by making it everyone else's problem.

3DDAVE,
So I found that these particular screw files had different names than the toolbox components, but their feature manager structure was the same. In other words they are the actual toolbox files, copied and renamed to fit into our way of doing things. Hence, like you said, somebody got clever, and now it's my problem.

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

If you used or if they used the TB parts to make them into your own fasteners (like I did), then you have to remove the "IsToolboxPart" property from the toolbox file.

You can find the utility under C:\Program Files\(Solidworks installed filename)\SOLIDWORKS\Toolbox\data utilities\sldsetdocprops.exe

1) Add the files
2) click show selected property
3) window should come up showing the property as "yes". - close window
4) Select "no" under Set document property
5) Update status
6) select show selected property again to confirm they all say no

Toolbox_Property_ky7can.jpg

Hope that helps you get around the issue and used in the future to make fasteners

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
Mechanical Engineer
Ciholas

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back