Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part list problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmagicracer

Aerospace
Jan 3, 2008
BG
I'm trying to create a Part list of an assembly.
Each part has following attributes: DESCRIPTION, CATALOG, MATERIAL.
I've created a part list and set 4 colums as you can see in the applied file. And I choose some parts to be included in part list. I have 13 parts marked, bu I receive only 2 rows.
Is that some kind of bug? How can I fix it?
I use NX 5.0.2.

Regards: Dimo Urumov
Aircraft Engineer
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

From the jpeg, I think the problem you are running into is that the parts that you selected to be on the parts list does not have any description in the part attributes. I am running NX3 so hopefully it is similar in NX5. If you right click on the component, go to "properties", then the "attributes" tab, you will see all the attributes.

If there are nothing shown in there, UG will group all these parts together.

If you check the attributes on the M8 screw and compare it to one of the parts you want to the parts list, you will see what I mean.

Hope that helps.

Sorry John! It's my mistake. I've just overrided the column header name manually.
But the bug about missing part list is existing. It is not happening every time. In some assemblies it works, but in some - it doesn't.

Regards: Dimo Urumov
Aircraft Engineer
Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Hi Dimo Urumov,

Select the assembly from the Assembly Navigator ->MB3, in the Assembly tab you can find "Syncrinize Subassembly Properties"
Click all "Layers", "Display" and "Attributes" buttons, click "OK".

Now update parts list in drafting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back