Part manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejan95

Mechanical
Aug 24, 2020
SI
Hello everyone,

I would need a part like shown in the picture below. I draw the part and I'm wondering if the manufacturer will have any trouble making the part with conventional manufacturing procedure? Will e be able to bent the part (made from steel) like shown on the drawing?

Capture_m9ztow.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

dejan95, no vendor will be able make the inside bend radius equal to the outside bend radius. Otherwise, straightforward.

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

And decide what the critical tolerance is.
For a part like this there often is a functional gage that checks the location (distance and height) of the tip relative to the butt.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

they could make the outer radius equal to the inner ... they could machine from plate.

Of course why would you !?? the drawing is too simple, and the outer radius should be thickness bigger than the inner ... well, actually they can't make that either !

There should be only one radius defined and this would normally be the inner radius (for the form). If the thickness is critical in this area, well, plan on a 10% drop due to stretch and adjust you sheet thickness to suit.

What material are we talking about ? Aluminium ? Steel ??

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Fix your drawing as mentioned above then call the manufacturer and ask them.

Some shops will be able to bend the part at some radii (probably not 100mm). This part looks like it will have to be rolled, which would be difficult (expensive) with 8mm thick steel. Is the 100mm radius critical?

Nothing is more valuable than speaking with the people who are actually making your part.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back