Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part TRANSPARENCY in assemblies....hmmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlyx

Mechanical
Nov 25, 2003
US
I am migrating from SolidWorks 2004 to Inventor 8 and when I was working on an assembly in SolidWorks I could right-click on a part and change the transparency from solid to transparent so you can easily see what is going on behind it. Is there any simple way to do this in Inventor assemblies?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are editing a part in the context of the assembly the rest of the parts should go transparent when you edit the part. If they don't click on the opacity pull down and toggle the option.

The opacity pulldown is in the main toolbar (on top) between the shadow and render color options. Looks like a org chart.

Getting settled in at your new place?

Sean Dotson, PE
Inventor Tutorials & More
Your Webbased mCAD Discussion

Thanks for the hints, but what I wanted to do was just make a certain item transparent so I could more easily work on the assembly. I have since discovered that I can right-click the item, click properties, occurance, and change that particular occurance to something like "Blue (clear/polished)" and I get the desired effect. And it doesn't change the part except for that occurance in the assembly.

Thanks for your help....

Hey Sean! Yeah, getting settled. I'll email ya direct, more info on the Inventor group :O)

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back