Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partial 3D Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprig4005

Aerospace
Dec 5, 2011
US
Does anyone know if you can do a Partial 3D Section in a product using the DMU license? I am trying to take some cross sections for a presentation and I would like to show a shot where a subcomponent is not sectioned but the structures surrounding it are section cut. Any thoughts?

Ryan Capriglione
NX/CATIA Power User

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

not sure you can do that in DMU, but Assembly Feature like a pocket applied to all part but the one you don't want to cut would do the trick.

please be aware that assembly feature on instance is a known problem...

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

for a large assembly I would use DMO license and Filter a CGR made of the part you want to cut, adding in the assembly after the cut another CGR of the uncut parts

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi Caprig4005,
I do not see any possibility of it in spa2 sectioning.You can try Assembly pocket where you can draw a sketch by skipping the parts that does not need cutting and create a assembly pocket involving only those parts for sectioning.Hope it helps.

With the Space Analysis (SPA) license sectioning, select the Selection group in the "sectioning definition" window and pick the components from your tree that you want sectioned. The default is the whole assembly. Not sure if you will have same option with DMU, or if this is what you are really looking for.

See attached image.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=30f6f385-654d-4324-9ce5-34268235a001&file=161024__Sectioning.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back