Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partitioning Geometry in WB

Status
Not open for further replies.

loafer09

Mechanical
Feb 25, 2010
US
Is there a way to partition solid geometry in WB? This was a very easy task in Ansys Classic using the workplane or other geometry.

Josh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the "Slice" command in DesignModeler to chop things up. Your geometry will need to be "Frozen". The slice option is simply under TOOLS > SLICE.

Glue things back together (into multibody parts) by selecting the components, right clicking, and selecting "Form New Part"

What version of WB are you using? I'm running 13.0 and there is no such option under the tools menu, or any other menu that I can find.

loarfer,

You must have DESIGN Modeler. It is another program within Ansys Workbench. You are using Ansys Workbench Simulation. You need Ansys WorkBench Design Modeler.

Cheers.

I am so sorry I did not understand your question.

The slice option can be found in Create > Slice as shown in the attached file. Don't forget to freeze your model beforehand.

In addition, if you want to learn more about DM, tell me. I can upload a Design Modeler 11 course that I have from my old job as an ANSYS instructor.

Cheers.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8f139f40-6d41-4036-bde8-e9da653e00a3&file=Documento1.pdf
The slice command works well. I'm not sure why I couldn’t find that. I guess I still have ANSYS Classic engrained in my head:)

Gah, sorry to have steered you in the wrong direction. I didn't have ANSYS open when I answered the question, obviously. The SLICE command is, indeed, located under CREATE > SLICE. I hope that I didn't cost you too much time digging around in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back