Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ControlNet Status (Redundancy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandopap

Industrial
Jan 26, 2011
Hello,

I have a running ControlLogix Enhanced redundancy system: The first chassis has in Slot 0 the Controller, in Slot 1 the Redundancy Module and in Slot 2 a CNB Module (node 3). The second chassis has the very same configuration. The third chassis has in Slot 0 a CNB Module (node 1), in Slot 1 another CNB Module (node 2), in Slot 2 a DHRIO Module, in Slot 3 another DHRIO Module and in Slot 4 a 16 Digital Input Module.

What I don't know how to do is getting the entry status of the CNB located in the chassis that is running as Secondary.

Can anybody give me any clue?

Thanks!

Best regards

Fernando

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Get System Variable GSV - probably need to open a manual on CNB to know exactly what variable you need, but the GSV works as a pull down menu so should be able to find it.

I don't think the GSV will work... I am trying to get the partner status, that module is not under the I/O hardware tree, so what Instance Name should I use? If it was the local module, i should use Class Name: Module; Instance Name: (Browse the module you want on the I/O tree); and Attribute Name: EntryStatus. But as I said, I don't have the module on the I/O tree...

Greetings

I already read that manual, and indeed it shows examples of how to get redundancy status information, but related with the controller and the chassis (primary and partner). This is done via GSV, with Redundancy as Class Name. My question is about other modules in the partner chassis, which are not accessible via GSV...

The status of the other modules can be infered from the status of the secondary chassis. If the status is good and synchronized then all modules in the secondary chassis are good. Otherwise visual inspection is required.
Perhaps trigger an alarm if the secondary is not synchronized?

controlsdude, the module I am trying to reach is not listed on the IO tree, I am working on a redundant system. This system has two identical racks (same controllers, redundancy modules, communication modules, firmwares), but you only add one of these to the IO tree.

djs, you are right. I was trying to get specifically that status, just to show it in the hmi, just a cosmetic matter. But I think that will not be possible.

Thank you!

Looks like you will get the primary status of all the modules. When it switches over you will have the status of those modules from the redundant rack. AppendixE gives you status of your redundant rack.

Could do a switch over at startup to check status of redundant rack if you want to check status. Then report the rack as good, switch over, then get status of the primary, if good then start the system.

Because the Secondary ControlNet module isn't actually bridging any CIP connections, all you're going to see is the fact that it's a Qualified Secondary. That's info you can get from the Redundancy Module.

I am working on a v19.52 Enhanced Redundancy system now and we run alarming on the status of the Primary ControlNet, the remote ControlNet chassis and module connections, and two remote DeviceNets. On the Redundancy side, we display which Chassis is the Primary and we check to make sure that the Secondary is qualified and ready to take over control. All the Redundancy status data comes from the RM modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back