Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts disappearing in Cosmosworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDFINC

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2005
US
I am performing a thermal analysis in Cosmos and after what appears to be a successful meshing, one of the critical parts has disappeared. I can't get any information out of the part. When the cursor passes over surfaces of the part the edges show up (in red). I installed the latest video card driver. Any clues???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What are the rest of your computer specifications, specifically your video card?

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

I have a P4 2.53 GHz, 1 Gig RAM, Win 2000 SP4, nVidia Quadro4 700XGL graphics card, Driver 7.1.8.4 downloaded from the SolidWorks website.

Thanks for the reply. I believe that this is (obviously) a bug. After many trials I found that by removing one small feature in the disappearing part, the assembly would mesh and the part would appear. I think that, even though the software said that the meshing was successful, that this part did not mesh.

I have this happen too, Dell 450 with 2x Xeon 2.6, 2GB ram, nVidia FX1000, all latest SW-approved drivers, running 2005 sp4.0. Sometimes a part will vanish from Cosmos study, it shows in part tree but not visible and not meshing. Only way is to restart SW, reloading the model doesnt' work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back