Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts Library, which one to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cichlid

Civil/Environmental
Sep 17, 2002
CA
Our company is currently in between projects so we are trying to develop a parametric
parts library to make life easier on future jobs. We currently use Mechsoft, but
we are finding it very limiting in what we can do. We really need to be able to
store both PARTS and small ASSEMBLIES in the library for use. We have been looking
at different alternatives, but we were wondering if anybody has tried an addon package
that works well for them? I would appreciate any info that you can offer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

Maybe 'Create Systems Library' command (in SE14) might interest you. You can store both parts and assemblies in the library.

Please check another program in directory C:\Program Files\Solid Edge xxxx\Custom\SELibrary (could be different depending on SE installation location).

An interesting feature of this program is that, once a base part is created, adding new parts of different sizes is merely keying numbers in the text file where the data are stored.

Regards

I just received my upgrade package to V16. There's a note in there that after this version Mechsoft will no longer be the vendor of choice. They are in the process of choosing a new vendor. The letter I received mentioned being able to trade in your mech soft parts library for the "Solid Edge Machinery Library" at no cost.

John Slipec, B.Sc.ME
CAD Administrator

EH Price Limited, Winnipeg MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back