Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parts List customization in NX 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Haymore

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2016
US
I am using NX 9 and am trying to customize my parts list a bit. I see the options to show single level, and to show leaves only, but is there some intermediate where I can choose which parts to show single level and other parts to show leaves only? This would be helpful because some of our sub assemblies are assembled at a different facility, while we assemble others here, but they all feed into the same master assembly. So for parts that we assemble, I want to call out all the leaves, while the parts we get from our other facility that are already assembled I want to show in a single level style. Is there a way to easily do this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I hope this could be useful
Take a look at attribute:
PLIST_IGNORE_MEMBER
PLIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY
from the assembly where you want create the
"part list" select in the assembly structure the part
and set this attribute to 1
this will not include the part (MEMBER)
or the subassemby (SUBASSEMBLY)
from the part list
N.B. to remove this option delete the attribute
don't try to set to another value.
plist_zlshsf.png

NX 7.5 64bit
NX 9.0.3.4 MP4 64bit
NX 10.0.3.5 MP3 64bit

Thanks for the response.

I've read up on those attributes prior to posting. The difference between what I am trying to do and what those attributes supply is this:

P_LIST_IGNORE_MEMBER ignores the immediate member, but not the components that are used to create the member (sub-assembly components).
P_LIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY ignores BOTH the member, and its sub-assembly components.

I am looking for an option that ignores only the sub-assembly components, but not the member itself. I suppose this may be able to be done if I use P_LIST_IGNORE_SUBASSEMBLY for the sub-assembly components, leaving the attribute on the member alone, but I haven't had a chance to try that yet.

You need to aplly P_LIST_IGNORE_MEMBER on each sub item of the assembly.
I've called the NX support for something like what you want some time ago and they have open an ER.

Gelson Z. Nicoletto
Eng. Supervisor
Mould Desing
Brazil

So I've applied P_LIST_IGNORE_MEMBER to each sub item of the assemblies that I don't want the leaves to show, and the parts list is still ignoring the parent item as well. I've tried both attributes on individually, and at the same time.

It seems that when I have the parts list set to do leaves only, if I set all the leaves of a particular sub-assembly to be ignored, then it ignores the parent member as well. It would be very helpful to avoid entering the parts in manually, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I don't think you want to enable the "leaves only" setting as this will automatically filter out the sub-assemblies and only show their child components. Since you have ignored the child components, nothing shows. Try turning off the "leaves only" setting, leave the "ignore member" on the child components and see what you get.

www.nxjournaling.com

I turned off "leaves only," and set the attribute to P_LIST_IGNORE_MEMBER and the parts list ignores that member and it's sub-assembly items. Leaving these same attributes, if I turn back on "leaves only," then it displays the sub-assembly items and doesn't ignore them.

I think I did find a way to get this to work, but it doesn't involve the attributes. It seems that with "top level only" turned on, I can use the "select/deselect subassemblies" tool to get the job done. I have to first deselect the sub-assemblies that I wish to expand in the parts list (if they are selected then the sub items are highlighted in a lighter color, and won't appear in the parts list). After deselecting these parent members, I can then begin selecting the sub items that I wish to show up in the parts list. It's a long process with a large assembly, but this seems to have worked for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back