Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubalibre000

Mechanical
Jan 27, 2006
IT
Hi,
I'm not able to obtain a fast method to patch this four surfaces.
For fast I mean, fews feature, fast to regenerate and fast to create.
I tried whit some bridge surface and N side mesh, but nothing god and fast.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC9.1

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi All,
Thanks all of you for acknowledging my efforts.Xwheelguy/Darthdad i totally agree with your comments.Mesh Surface (and also NXN Studio Surface) are the utilities i have relied on most of the times as they help me predict the resulting isoparams and surface curvature of output surface depending on the section and guide curves characteristics.As a thumbrule i always avoid creating any multi-edge patch (2x2 i go for 90 -95 percent of time).And last but not least if we do a surface continuity check between a multi-edged patch edge and the parent edge transition ...we will notice that even if we have specified a tight G1 continuity in the begining while creating the patch...now the continuity has been sacrificed or at least goes on a higher tolerance zone in some places(since G1 /G2/G3 continuities are relative terms so let us say if in the begining it shows g1 .005 as soon as we add more edges /constrain face this will shoot upto 1.00 in some region. ....)
Hi Cowski the rectangle basically defines the control point structure of the Nsided patch (you will notice this structure if you try using show poles/x-form on this patch).
Thanks again all of you.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

Looks like you've found your solution, eh? And it didn't require us 'cloning' some old French code either ;-)

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi John,
I don't like Dassault company, but you have to admit that Catia surfaces tools are powerful.
They came from a long Boeing surface experience.
NX is an hight-end CAD and compete with Catia, so, if Catia has a good command, why don't replicate in NX.
You are doing that from the joint-venture between Fiat and Chrysler.

Thank you...

Using NX 8 and TC9.1

And lets not forget Dassault's original parent, Dassault Aviation.

As for the Fiat/Chrysler situation, that may not have as much 'Catia' influence as you think since it was Fiat, a long time UG/NX user, that came in and imposed THEIR methods and work processes on the guys in Auburn Hills. Now if you want to talk about Daimler-Benz, that's the one which will tell us how much of the 'French' stuff we need to look at ;-)

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back