Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Patran Database - Unix to Windows transfer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris31

Jul 20, 2007
US
Hi all,

I am trying to open a .db file in Windows Patran 2005r3 that was created in some older version on a Unix machine. When I try to open it, a message states that the file will need to be converted on the old system before moving it to Windows. I have tried using the p3convert utility and it states that this file does not need to be converted. I then move to the dbport section and try that to convert the Unix version to Windows and that again states that it is not needed. Can anyone offer any suggestions. The model created in the older version of Unix Patran is needed in 2005r3 Windows version.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Chris,

I have occasionally converted windows databases to newer unix databases. I found that when converting windows to unix the same patran versions had to be used. After the OS conversion the database opened nicely in the newer version. Probably the same goes for a conversion the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back