Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Patterns?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, just select the two components after you choose the pattern tool. You can select them from the browser as well as the main window. Both components will be thrown under a component pattern icon and numbered as per occurrence (you specify) in the browser. Luckily Autodesk changed this feature from v.6 to allow turning off individual and global settings of visibility.

Hope this helps.

Cadranger

Well, I can't seem to select the other component thats in the first pattern. To refresh, I created a pattern of hardware on a flange, then, I wanted to pattern that flange and its patterned hardware around a vessel.

I sure hope I'm just missing something here, cause this would save a ton of time for me.
Thanks for any more suggestions.

Sorry, I guess I misread your first post. No, you can't use parts from one pattern in another pattern. A work-around would be to re-insert a part that's in the first pattern in place of the original. You could select it then. Keep in mind you'd have alter the count in the BOM of any .idw you make. A better way would be to insert your parts in a main assembly with the common part having two instances. Demote them into two separate sub-assemblies with a common origin axis. Create your patterns and re-insert them into the main assembly. This might give you more control with edits and not mistaking one part for another. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back