Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.pch files

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmunderw

Aerospace
Feb 4, 2004
US
Hi
I've ran a random vibration analysis (sol 111) and I have made an element stress punch file (ELSTRESS(SORT2,PUNCH,REAL)), but when I open the file I don't know how to read it. I see the grid Id and the frequency but the rest of the numbers I don't know what they are. Does anyone know of a reference the tell the file format of the punch card. Thanks.
Rob

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Strange enough, as far as I know there are no documentation about the punch format. At least thats what they told me at their support. I suggest you use the print command and send your data to the .f06 file. When you have done that, then you can identify the punch format by comparing numbers.

/Nodepicker

rmunderw,

in the Quick Reference Guide, at the end, there is a summary containing all the element stress item codes. This could be helpful to decrypt your .pch file. Consider also that using the output options you can drive NASTRAN to write what you need in a more synthetic form

Cheers

Spirit

'Ability is 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back